Thursday 30 June 2016

Nice to Meet You Emilie alias Emi On Fleek • Dare to DREAM Interview Series



My name is Emilie alias Emi On Fleek. I'm an 18 year old student and blogger from the suburbs of Paris. My blog is about beauty, fashion and lifestyle; it's my universe. I dream of travelling, liberty and equality. My dream in life is to develop and flourish to my full potential, and enjoy what I have and will have."
-  Emilie aka Emi on Fleek
Paris, France

T H E   I N T E R V I E W • 
  Health and Lifestyle Edition
________________________
________________________


If there was a movie produced about your life, who would play you and why?

Definitely Alicia Keys ! I think she's a natural and authentic woman. I've been listening to her songs and watching her videoclips since my childhood, and I wanted her same hairstyles. She looks nice and pleasant. I like the values she conveys in her songs and the woman that she is.



Tell us two things that make you smile.

I love that moment when I come back home and my dog is happy to see me, like I was gone for the longest time ever. He jumps everywhere and follows me throughout the house. It's really pleasant to get all this love after a long day. 

The other thing that makes me smile is making people happy. Sometimes just a smile or a sign of attention suffice to change an expression on someone's face. 



What do you love about yourself?

I don't know, I don't love speaking about me. I think the thing that make me grown everyday is my determination. When I have a goal, I do my best to reach it despite difficulties. I believe that everyone needs to have motivation and determination to give the best of themselves.




What is your to-go herb?

I love basil. I eat bread with cottage cheese and basil; it's delicious. It has a fresh and light taste, just perfect for summer ! 



What is the first thing you grab when you have a cold?

A big cup of tea and a good night's sleep. If it's not enough, I apply Vick's balm on my chest to help me breathe better and have a good night. I prefer to rest and relax rather than take drugs. 


Name two people who influenced your journey thus far. 

I know it may sound childish but I think superheroes influenced me. I always loved superheroes characters because they are courageous, strong, charismatic, they know how to see straight in every situation. The stay in control of everything; their life, their career, their identity,.. One of my favorite hero is Batman because I really like his personnality. He's dark and really smart. Nobody knows his real identity, for people he's just Bruce Wayne, an eccentric billionaire, but not at all. 

The second « people » who influenced me is  actually not a real person. It's more a picture. that I really admire. It's the picture of a self-made woman. A girlboss who sees her dreams  come true and who fights to have whatever she wants. 



What have you been reading lately?

My last reading was a book that I didn't really like. It was like a diary, and the narrator was talking about her life, her couple's problems, her job, her fears. It was « Chroniques de la débrouille » by Titou Lecoq. I didn't really like it because I felt that the end was sloppy. 





What are the three destinations of your dreams?


I would like to go to Los Angeles. Maybe because I have this idea  of a city of dream in my mind. In LA, they've got a much different vibe : the sea, the hills, desert, etc. 

Greece is a pretty destination too. When I see the white and blue houses, I just want to go there. 

My last dream destination is somewhere in Asia. I don't know exactly where but just a heaven of peace with animals like tigers, elephants, apes and amazing flora.


How would you describe your fashion style?

I think I have a casual style. I choose comfortable clothes with a feminine touch like accessories and materials. My go-to outfit look is black jeans, a blouse, some accessories, sneakers and a leather jacket. I love wearing neutral color like black, white, grey and beige. 



What are your two favorite quotes of the moment?

"Aim High" is my mantra because I think in life, we must always aim ever higher and surpass ourselves. That's my philosophy, always be better than yesterday. 

My second  favourite is a quote from Spinoza « Il y aura des vices tant qu'il y aura des hommes ». It reminds me that we can't change people and the society is what it is. It's a way for me to see things in perspective.



Tell us one thing people would be surprised to know about you. 

There is one thing that people are always surprised to know about me and it makes me laugh. I've done judo for 8 years. I did competitions and I got some trophies. I stopped 3 years ago, just before black belt.




For you, Art is...

Art is self-expression. Expression of thoughts and personality, and it can be translated in so many different ways; through painting, writing, fashion, cooking or whatever. It is a way to say "I exist" as an individual and stand out from the crowd.




What are you thanful for?
I'm thankful to have the life that I have. I have a great family and good friends. I feel comfortable in my studies and it allows me to succeed. When we find our own way, our own voice, we can't fail.



According to you, what is the purpose of life?

There are so many answers to this question. For me, the purpose of life is to achieve our goals. It's important to me to make my wishes come true. I don't want to be frustrated for not living the life that I want to live. I know that sometimes we feel that our objectives are to high and impossible to achieve but that's why we need to aim high and give ourselves the means to succeed. Let's be dreamers and live our dreams !




Connect with Emilie here: @emionfleek | Website
Photos, courtesy of Emi On Fleek


__________

The Nice to Meet You Interview is Aile Rėve's signature. It is our way to soulfully connect with the artist and visionary. The NTMY allows us to take off for a voyage into the furthest reaches of their mind, with love, humility, and poetry.

Anaëlle Naná Moon Oyå
Mermaid-in-Chief @AileReve 

No comments:

Post a Comment